Aurora, CO asked in Workers' Compensation for Colorado

Q: Do I need to hire a lawyer or I should try to solve a issue with Work Compensation Insurance company by myself ?

Hello. I had an accedent in July which happened at my work place. I'm a bartender. I had a left hand laceration and needed to go to emergency immediately. After First Aid help I was transported to a hospital where I received a surgery. My doctor was absolutely defined that I should not do anything with my hand for at least 6 weeks. After the procedure I was directed to orthopedic therapy . The work comp stated "Were denying all indemnity(though not medical)because "We have no medical evidence to support work related disability". I do have photo materials .

Since I haven't work for so long I was hoping that the insurance would support me financially for my personal needs and bills. What can I do to change their decision?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated ! Thank you!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Based on your information it sounds like you did not submit any medical documentation with the workers' comp claim. Photographs are helpful, but you need a medical doctor to provide a written opinion/prognosis to establish a disability of any nature (temporary, permanent, partial or total disability).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.