Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Paul Tenorio
2 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Colorado on
Q: How long do I have to file a workers' comp claim after my work injury?
Paul Tenorio
Paul Tenorio answered on Nov 11, 2017

2 years unless it's an occupational disease, in which case, it's 3 years.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination for Colorado on
Q: What can I do if my employer is harassing and threatening me for calling in sick?

I've been with my company for 3 years now, I didn't really call in often but recently gave birth is Nov. 2016, I'm breast feeding and have been getting mastitis due to nursing. whenever I get the infection I call in. I had to call in for once a week now and 3 days this week due to me... Read more »

Paul Tenorio
Paul Tenorio answered on Jul 2, 2017

That type of employment situation can be frustrating. Especially with a new child. It's possible you may have a claim for harassment under Title VII, however I would want to know a few things. Do you have an employment contract? If so, what does it state regarding sick leave, paid time... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Colorado on
Q: Can you file for emergency custody based solely on the mother withholding the child and their whereabouts?

I have been told I can do this. There are no other custody orders in place at this time.

Paul Tenorio
Paul Tenorio answered on Jun 15, 2017

Without knowing more about the situation, you could file an Allocation of Parental Responsibilities action in the district court of the county where the child is a permanent resident or where the chid is found. Then you could ask for a temporary orders hearing as soon as possible to allow the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Colorado on
Q: Do you have a certain size of a house to obtain custody of a child?

I am trying to get custody of my son. I am currently living with my girlfriend, my two kids (from that relationship) and her parents in their 3 bedroom house. We are trying to save to get married and buy a house. Will this affect me getting 50/50 custody of my son?

Paul Tenorio
Paul Tenorio answered on Jun 9, 2017

Colorado law requires that the best interests of the children be met when it comes to the allocation of parental responsibilities (formerly known as custody). Therefore, you don't necessarily need to have a certain size home for the child to live in but the size of the home, how many people... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Colorado on
Q: Can you get workers' comp from an injury you got from an office job?
Paul Tenorio
Paul Tenorio answered on May 5, 2017

As long as you are an employee and were accidentally injured while doing your job, or you became sick from doing your job (asbestos related sickness, for instance), then yes, you may have a claim under workers' compensation laws.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.