Colorado Springs, CO asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Wrongful Death and Child Support for Colorado

Q: What can I do if my child father took him from me and is now trying to get child support. And he won't let see my son

He has another female IN my son's life telling him that she's his mom he took my son IN November and has only let me see him when he feels like it he says I have to talk to her in order to see my son

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen J. Plog
Stephen J. Plog pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Tampa, FL
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You need to file a custody case to get orders in place regarding custody and visitation. If there are already orders in place and he's violating them you need to file a motion with the court to enforce those orders. If there are orders in place but they are vague, you may also need to seek to modify them. You should seek out the services of a family law attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.