Encino, CA asked in Antitrust for California

Q: How do I report an antitrust violation?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Daniel Low
Daniel Low
  • Antitrust Law Lawyer
  • Washington, DC
  • Licensed in California

A: You can report the violation to the U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division at https://www.justice.gov/atr/report-violations. Or the California Attorney General's Office at https://oag.ca.gov/consumers. If possible, I would recommend discussing the issue with a lawyer before you report it. Many lawyers on this site offer free initial consultations, and can advise you on the best way to present the issue to the authorities, and protect any interests you may have that may be implicated by the misconduct or reporting.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.