Federal Way, WA asked in Divorce and Domestic Violence for Washington

Q: My husband and I are getting a divore after 3 years of marriage because he is seeing someone else. I left the house

Because he goes to see her and stays gone all not and i did not want to see him do that in front of me. Do I have a right to go back to live at the house

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jason Powers
Jason Powers pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Mt Vernon, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: Are there any orders from the court preventing you from being in the home? If not, the likely answer is that you can go back to the house. If the house has been the family home for the three years of marriage and there is not a court order preventing you from going back you have as much right as your soon to be ex husband. Of course, I recommend you speak to a family law attorney so that your situation can be discussed in further detail.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.