Kaysville, UT asked in Wrongful Death for Utah

Q: My cell mate died after asking for a catheter at SLC jail for 3 days. She died and I called for help 3 times no help.

I watched her slowly die. I have been having serious ptsd over it. I have had nightmares, trouble eating, flashbacks, and can't stop crying. They treated her like she was a nuisance. She said she was bleeding, she couldn't breathe when she laid down. She seized that afternoon they revived her, and she died that night while I was taking a nap. I woke up to her dead. I checked for a pulse none. I called for the gaurd he didn't answer unroll the therd time. The guard's station was faced directly at our sell. I can't believe he didn't notice anything. I can't remember her name but she was booked in with her husband on public intox. He was relieved and she was held for a old charge. She said someone stole her identity. I'm not sure what the truth is. What kind of lawyer do I need to contact? Thank you,Kelli

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Contact the Utah Civil Liberties Union, ask for their "cooperating attorneys" on prison cases. They may be able to help you and at least will give you a free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.