Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Utah Wrongful Death Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Utah on
Q: If a women cleaned up a muder and knowingly did it. Is that accessory and how can she get away with that?

She didn't muder my dad but used bleach, rags and water to clean his blood from being shot. Then peeled the tires out in the gravel to get rid of the blood from him being shot. But she didn't get charged with accessory after the fact. How is this possible?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 29, 2018

Ask the victim assistance coordinator with the DA's office. Maybe she gave evidence against the shooter & got a deal?

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Utah on
Q: How would I open an estate for my son who is under 19 and father's deceased.

I have a wrongful death claim. I was told in order to peruse the claim we needed an estate to be opened in his name. He was residing and working in Utah.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 20, 2018

You need to consult a member of the Utah Assn for Justice. They give free consults, and can discuss the case with you and what needs to be done.

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Utah on
Q: My father was hit and killed on October 30th 2017. I am his next of kin. What can I do
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 15, 2017

Forgive me for being clinical, but you are asking for information, not emotional support. You need to contact a member of the Utah Assn for Justice in the county where it happened. They give free consultations. An "estate" will have to be opened which the lawyer will explain to you.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Utah on
Q: My cell mate died after asking for a catheter at SLC jail for 3 days. She died and I called for help 3 times no help.

I watched her slowly die. I have been having serious ptsd over it. I have had nightmares, trouble eating, flashbacks, and can't stop crying. They treated her like she was a nuisance. She said she was bleeding, she couldn't breathe when she laid down. She seized that afternoon they revived... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 11, 2017

Contact the Utah Civil Liberties Union, ask for their "cooperating attorneys" on prison cases. They may be able to help you and at least will give you a free consultation.

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Car Accidents, Libel & Slander and Wrongful Death for Utah on
Q: Do you have to stop if you hit a dog or cat?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 21, 2017

Not by law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.