Arcadia, CA asked in Estate Planning for California

Q: my uncle recently pass a way a little over 2 months a go,earlier on the year he made a trust in which Im the trustee.

he also made a will in which Im the only beneficiary,I just receive a letter from a lawyer who is stating that she is the trustee on a 2002 trust my uncle made and she send me a copy of that trust on which another uncle and his family were the beneficiaries,my uncle had rental properties and she is requesting that I turn over the rentals receive to her to put it in a 2002 trust account,how should I respond to the letter?also I just receive a letter from another lawyer stating that he represents the uncle who was on the 2002 will as a beneficiary and in the letter the lawyer say that since that uncle was on the 2002 trust he believes he must be on the 2017 trust as well and is asking me for the complete copy of the 2017 trust.(my uncle who pass a way fall in 2015 and he got very sick staring from that fall and all cains of abuses stared to happen,verval,emotional and some how fisical to him after that from my other uncle and his family which were also on the 2002 trust.How do I respond?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Fred Lee Valentine Jr
Fred Lee Valentine Jr
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Ontario, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: These are very serious issues. I would advise you obtain legal counsel to review both trusts to decide on a way forward to protect your interests. If you want to talk, please send me an email.

The information presented herein is for general purposes only. It is not intended for, and may not be construed as legal, tax, or accounting advice, or business solicitation, or create any Attorney-Client relationship. For specific advice, please consult an attorney in person.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.