Pompano Beach, FL asked in Consumer Law and Lemon Law for Florida

Q: I purchased a car two months ago AS IS from a dealer in Florida and when I purchased it ,it had a problem starting.

Now the car won`t start most of the time and if it does if we go anywhere we can`t turn it off because it might not start again. And also the dealer still has not transferred the registration as of yet. My wife are both on social security and live pay check to pay check and are both under a doctors care and no way to get back and forth to them or anywhere else. What can I do about these matters? I don`t even have money to pay for this chat

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andy Wayne Williamson
Andy Wayne Williamson
  • MIramar Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: No way to say for sure here online. I suggest that you consult with an attorney in person on the issue, but suggest that since you purchased the car "as is" then you likely have not recourse against the dealer as he did not make any promises regarding the car.

Good Luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.