Herndon, VA asked in Juvenile Law for Virginia

Q: Last weekend I moved my stuff out of my dads house. He is trying to take legal action, what can he do? (virginia)

I lived with my dad for a little over a year, and i moved out a few days ago, just took out the items that i use, and I had a key to the house, only me and 2 friends entered the house, and when i was done i left the key on the table and informed him about it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary D. Godman
Gary D. Godman
  • Stafford, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: He could request you return or compensate him for any items that he owned that were taken. If you're served with a lawsuit, talk to an attorney about what you did and didn't take, and whose stuff it was.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.