Modesto, CA asked in Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: if i believe my lanlord is taking out retaliation and making us move ?

he said he sold the property and we looked it up in public records and he did not our electical is bad and we told him to come repair please and he said we needed to buy another breaker but why would we when hes making us move. we have half our outlets bad and have to pluan extension cord just to do a load of laundry my 51 inch flat screen i bought at best buy a month before we moved in the place which would make that approx 4 yrs ago dosent turn on i believe it was from the power circuit breaker stiuation any ways is there something we can do legally ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Sagar Parikh
Sagar Parikh
  • Beverly Hills, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You should report this issue to the Housing Department and Health Department. You can also have an attorney write a demand letter to the LL.

A full consultation would be necessary to properly advise you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.