Birmingham, AL asked in Family Law for Alabama

Q: Father has not met requirements set forth in custody order (for autistic child) prior to overnight visits.

Child is 2 yo autistic, father was instructed to meet several criteria in custody order prior to starting overnights. To date he has not done so. How can I report this and stop the overnights? Also, the "coordinator" (an atty) assigned to act as a co-parenting counselor was supposed to meet us monthly. She has not responded in months. How can I report this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Barbara H. Agricola
Barbara H. Agricola
  • Opelika, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: you will likely need to file a motion for contempt and ask the court to prevent any overnight visitation until the father meets the conditions previously set.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.