Omaha, NE asked in Personal Injury, Criminal Law and Employment Law for Nebraska

Q: Could I sue my former boss or the bars involved in my accident?

I'm located in Omaha, Nebraska and work for the parent company of several cocktail bars. I was attending a staff party at an unassociated bar where I believe my boss (The company owner) accidentally roofied me. To cover it up I believe he took me to a dive bar while under the influence of the drug, got me dangerously drunk, and let me wander out alone without my phone. As a result I collapsed around the corner of the establishment and was mugged. They stole my car and being type one diabetic, I nearly lost my life. Recovered the vehicle but am still out over $1k in possessions and I have almost no recollection of anything that happened between the first bar and being woke up in the cold rain 5 hours later by a good samaritan. My boss has been accused of drugging girls in the past and was extremely defensive and dismissive. The second bar clearly overserved me. There are no dram shop laws in this state, but do I have a lawsuit on my boss and/or the bars involved?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Contact a member of the Nebraska Assn for Justice who handles workers compensation and employment cases. You may have several potential claims depending on the laws of your state.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.