Phoenix, AZ asked in DUI / DWI for California

Q: I got a DUI in Cali 3yrs ago and failed to pay the fees. I am now financially stable and want to know the next steps?

I got the DUI in West Hollywood Los Angeles. It was my first DUI. I showed up to all my court dates. At that time in my life I was irresponsible and I am now financially stable. I currently live in Phoenix Az. Do I need to get a DUI lawyer in California or can I get one in Phoenix? Or do I just call the Los Angeles DMV and figure it out that way? Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Mihrtad Paparian
William Mihrtad Paparian
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Pasadena, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Unfortunately you will need to engage the services of a DUI lawyer in California. When you didn't pay your fines and fees

on time the court would have found you in violation of the terms and conditions of your probation. This isn't a DMV issue,

it's a court issue and has to be resolved with the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.