Exeter, NH asked in Family Law and Child Custody for New Hampshire

Q: Check the more information section

Hello I have an 8 year old daughter who's mother has just came back into picture she was granted Sunday and Monday night custody. My mother has overall guardianship. My daughter has dance lesson which I pay for out of pocket and has been in dance longer then her mother has been back but now the mother is refusing to bring her to dance lessons even though the order stats that she is to bring her to any activities she's already involved in. My question is that I pay a lot of money for her dance and she loves it but can the guardian stop visitation so she doesn't miss anymore lessons and file a motion

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph D Garrison
Joseph D Garrison
  • Franconia, NH
  • Licensed in New Hampshire

A: If she is not complying with the Court Order then one option is to file a motion for contempt. She will be responsible for your costs if you are successful. The guardian cannot stop visitation - you will need to ask the Court to modify the Order so your daughter gets to dance class.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.