Medford, NY asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for New York

Q: I have been sexually harassed by a man who is in another country.(croatia) (for a year) He threatens me with killing me

And every people i know . He found my adress ans bought tickets before i move to another country (usa) .(i was lving in another country but i am an usa citizen). He sends inappropriate of himself . Even though i closed my all social media accounts ans blocked him from everywhere he found my sister ans started to threaten her too . He also keeps and sends photos of me against my will . (I am in new york state ) .if i go to police can they reach him and do something ? Can they help me ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Lee A. Koch
Lee A. Koch
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: The police will make a report, and you may be able to get an order or protection. Unfortunately, if the man lives in Croatia, the order won't have any effect on him unless he steps foot inside the jurisdiction. You could have a civil case, and try to force him to appear here.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.