Lanett, AL asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Alabama

Q: I got 2 prior DV3rd in fla. I go to court in Alabama and scared they going to revoke bond cause I missed 2nd court date

My bondsman new I work all over the USA and a warrant had been issued. My bondsman wants me to come met him at office and get me in front of judge and ple out. If I go and plea notguilty, im scared my bond going to b revoked. If I plea guilty this will b the num 3. Witch makes it a felony. What do I do.

2 Lawyer Answers
Brian Joseph Lockwood
Brian Joseph Lockwood
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Mobile, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: You need to appear in court with an attorney, not a bondsman. At a minimum, you should consult with an attorney immediately. Ideally, find someone in the county where you have Court.

A: Number one: hire yourself a good solid criminal defense attorney. The fact that you work all over the country etc. does not excuse you from attending Court. THe fact that you missed TWO dates makes this much worse. Hire an attorney. You are going to have to try to plea something out to avoid the felony. However, DV3rd enhancements to felonies is to help slow learners like you understand that you can't beat up family members. Don't make this worse by trying to run. Get a lawyer BEFORE you show up at the bail bondsman's office

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.