Mendon, MI asked in Child Custody for Michigan

Q: What form do I need to fill out to guarantee that I, the mother, will have custody during the custody fight.

We are not married and lived together. He has been verbally abusive me, and wants joint custody. He parents have money and have a lawyer. I don't have any money for a lawyer and need guidance on this. What other forms do I need to fill out. He has already filled in Calhoun County MI. He filled Friday, I was served Saturday and have a court date Monday. I have been threated that if I don't give him what he wants his parents have money and he will take the kids away from me altogether.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neil Colman
Neil Colman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Clinton Township, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: There are no forms to fill out to resolve the problem. You MUST find a way to borrow money and hire an experienced family law attorney. This is not an easy process. You’re not qualified to handle a matter of this importance or magnitude. No one can teach you how practice law, and that’s why you need an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.