Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by James W. Kraayeveld
2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Michigan on
Q: Should I wait to file motion for full custody?

Have been divorced for 6 years, my ex and I share custody of 3 children. (17,15 13). A month ago he informed me he had applied for a new job in California. He found out he got the job and has accepted the offer and will be relocating to California as of 3/10/22. I want to file for full custody,... View More

James W. Kraayeveld
James W. Kraayeveld
answered on Feb 17, 2022

Let's explore this in a most cost effective way first: have you checked with your ex if he is willing to agree to an alternate custody order? Keep in mind that your latest court order likely requires him to seek court permission before moving out of state. That may give you some bargaining... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.