Charlestown, MA asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Massachusetts

Q: Who pays our medical bills in this situation if we did not have insurance at the time of the accident?

My gf and I reside in MA and we're hit in NH. Other driver struck us from behind and pushed us into another truck. He admitted all fault. Our insurance company apparently cancelled our insurance without our knowledge about ten to fifteen days before. Now we cannot get proper medical attention because we do no have "P.I.P." Her back needs serious attention. We do not have the money to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed later. What do we do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Apply for MA. Lobby to get ACA to cover people like you (sorry but I get a little tired of hearing people didnt have coverage but never wrote or phoned their legislators to get it for everyone--that's why it has to be everyone, so people like you in your situation get covered). So the problem you have is the same of anyone with no coverage because even though the person 's insurance may be responsible they don't have to give you the medical bill payment up front. They don't have to give you PIP!

They do have to take care of your car. You need to speak with a member of the NH Assn for Justice in the county where the wreck happened. But talk to a hospital social worker about your options for health coverage. Think MA and any other program Mass has.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.