Asked in Domestic Violence for Alabama

Q: My ex-husband went to prison for a domestic violence case against me. I got a pfa against him

And He was told to not contact me at all but he wrote back. Will he be in trouble even if I wrote him back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: If the no contact order applies to you (you will have to read the order to find out) then you can't write him. You should report to the Court that he has contacted you in violation of the order. THis person has beaten you badly enough to go to prison and you want to write to him? You should go get some counseling at the nearest women's shelter. Truly, get some help for yourself here. Don't believe the stuff in the letter that says how much he loves you and how he wishes he could take it all back. He is manipulating you. Get some help for yourself.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.