Albuquerque, NM asked in Real Estate Law, Family Law, Elder Law and Probate for New Mexico

Q: Cared4 Grandma & Down Syndrome Uncle.Grandma passed.Aunts took Uncle,want house. Its willed2 me When uncle dies.what now

Uncle being disabled I became his state paid caregiver after grandma got too old to do it anymore. The house is his, now that Grandma's passed. The house is where grandma raised me and my Uncle. But my Aunts who have my Uncle now don't know "what to do about the house"? When my Uncle passes on then the house goes to me. But I don't know what to do if they try to sell it or put me out. Don't I have legal say? Uncle is mentally 8yrs.old. And I am in the will. Hate this.

1 Lawyer Answer
Inna Fershteyn
Inna Fershteyn
  • Probate Lawyer
  • New York, NY

A: It's not a family law it's a probate question. What does a will say? You need estate lawyer consultation. If there is no will Intestate succession laws govern


Inna Fershteyn

Law Office of Inna Fershteyn and Associates, P.C.

1517 Voorhies Ave, Suite 400

Brooklyn, NY 11235

tel: 718-333-2394

fax: 718-701-8859

7 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.