Anchorage, AK asked in Child Support for Alaska

Q: Hi, I was wondering if I have to pay child support if I was the person who work for my children needs before the divorce

So before divorce I always work for my family needs especially for my children needs. But my marriage couldn't go anymore, before that I move here to relax my mind and told my wife to bring the kids here. But she start dating another man. So I couldn't continue this marriage. Before the marriage end we agree to each have a kids but she end up taking both kids away from me. If she can't take care of my kids, can I have the rights to go take my kids back if she can't support them?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Alaska

A: Yes, either party to your marriage can sue for divorce, including child custody and child support. The non-custodial parent will be ordered to pay child support to the custodial parent.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.