Corpus Christi, TX asked in Wrongful Death for Texas

Q: My son was killed by a drunk driver this year. Does a lawsuit have to be filed for this to be a wrongful death

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: You should contact a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Asssn for the county where it happened--they give free consults. Reason is there may be culpability on whoever served the drunk or sold him alcohol if he was drunk already; there may be a "crashworthiness" case. Talk to a TTLA member.

Rocio Gosewehr Hernandez
Rocio Gosewehr Hernandez pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Yes it should be.

Please contact me. I may be able to help you. The consultation if free.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.