Long Beach, CA asked in Probate and Estate Planning for California

Q: How can they? Probate......

I hired a lawyer around the beginning of the year and my sister joined in soon after well evidently my sister didn't sign the papers but she's been in on this with me objecting together as a team along with the lawyer that that I hired okay I got upset with my lawyer not because my sister jumped in but because they weren't doing nothing for me so my sister kept them on and they keep sending my sister a bill with my name on it and charging me for the month and a half that I haven't had them as my lawyer are these people incompetent what is wrong with them , they are sending me my sister a bill with my name on it still charging me after I fire them for a month-and-a-half do they really think people are that stupid to top this off they they have my sister down as a practitioner now a petitioner and an interested party instead of an objector like the both of us had always NEC v

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Fred Lee Valentine Jr
Fred Lee Valentine Jr
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Ontario, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Did you send attorney a letter to remove them from the case? I would advise these type communications be in writing vs. phone calls. If you need help, pls send me an email.

The information presented herein is for general purposes only. It is not intended for, and may not be construed as legal, tax, or accounting advice, or business solicitation, or create any Attorney-Client relationship. For specific advice, please consult an attorney in person.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.