Chicago, IL asked in Personal Injury for Illinois

Q: My kids has lead posioning from our house I was wondering if I can sue?

The lead is in our water, as well as well as our windows that a company installed. But on our part the lead is on our stairs. So I was wondering if I still have a case.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Yes. If exposure to lead has resulted in health problems, you can successfully file a personal injury lawsuit against whoever is responsible for the contamination. Please contact a lawyer specialized in Environmental Law and they will gladly assist you with recovering financial compensation. They will be able to identify the liable party, gather sufficient evidence of the lead contamination in your house, as well as promptly take care of the necessary paperwork on your behalf.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.