Hanceville, AL asked in Domestic Violence and Family Law for Alabama

Q: I am the victim of a domestic violence case. why did I have to go to jail when I pressed charges on him?

I need to know if I can use this court date to get full custody of my son. He has our son right now because he is going to school in a different county from where I had to relocate ( to stay with my parents). I just want my child and I never want to have to come in contact with his father again, if I can help it. I dont even want child support. our court is in Marion county but I am living in Cullman county now.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You need to hire a lawyer to defend you in this matter. You went to jail because the police officers believed you committed the offense. That's why you were charged. DO NOT simply plead guilty to Domestic Violence. Get an attorney on this one.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.