Saint Augustine, FL asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: I'm looking to modify child support

I divorced in FL and was granted child support. A few months later we all moved to NV. While living there my ex filed for modification due to him being unemployed. Judge granted him to pay only $100 per month. Since then I moved back to FL. My ex has been working for the past 2 years or more. He refuses to say where he lives and works. What do I do to remodify this order and can I do it from FL?

(I have full custody of the child)

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shiobhan Olivero
Shiobhan Olivero
  • Brandon, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If the requirements for jurisdiction in Florida are met, the case can be filed in Florida. If that is met, then a modification for support may be able to be filed with the court, asking the court to change the amount based on the change in circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.