Honolulu, HI asked in Landlord - Tenant for Hawaii

Q: If the landlord and I have a written agreement to keep rent the same and stay there forever. Can the police kick us out

The landlord signed a agreement saying we will only pay a certain amount and can stay there as long as I would like. But now he wants to raise the rent and is threatening to kick us out if we don’t agree to what he’s now asking. This agreement is signed and dated. But not notarized. I would just like to know if I’m able to stand my ground and if I would have a strong case if it’s brought to court. And if I refuse to pay will he just call th cops and have me kicked out

Related Topics:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.