Asked in Juvenile Law and Criminal Law for Alabama

Q: I’m 15 years old and my boyfriend is 19, we are 3 years and 8 months apart can we date legally without parental consent?

When I turn 16 he will still be 19 is there any law saying that we can’t date when I turn 16 because I wanna be in an open relationship with him but I can’t because my dad will try to throw him In jail and has put in my head a bunch of lies saying stuff is a law when it’s not and I’m not sure what to believe anymore. I just want to know if I can fat my boyfriend openly and legally when I turn 16.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: By "date" I assume you mean have sexual intercourse with you. If your 19 year old boyfriend has sex with you he will have committed a crime. You might want to read Section 13A-6-62 of the Code of Alabama. Your father is correct. He would will commit rape in the second degree if he has sex with you.

Samuel G McKerall agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.