Mobile, AL asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Alabama

Q: My sister in law is refusing to return my children. She has filed a motion of some sort what can i do to fight this?

My sister in law was helping my wife while we were seperated, she got upset with my wife and kicked her out. Now she is making false accusations about my wife and i also threatening us with DHR. I dont know for sure but there is a rumor she may have filed a motion for custody. Im looking for some sort of help in the situation and possibly retaining a lawyer. Ive even thought about going to get my children from school and just taking them but due to the fact my wife was living there with them all of their belongings are in her household and i have nothing. Please help.

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Robertsdale, AL

A: You really need to hire a lawyer in this kind of thing. SHe probably has filed a petition for custody of the children in the Juvenile Court. You need a lawyer to help you. Hire one.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.