Westerville, OH asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Michigan

Q: Can a judge force me to pay child support for my child that was taken out of state without permissher mom has a warrant?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neil Colman
Neil Colman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Clinton Township, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You have an obligation to comply with the Court Order for Support until another such order is entered. I suggest you retain an experienced family law attorney to file a Motion to Suspend Support and to require her to bring the child(ren) back if that's what you want. Again, much could depend on what your Judgment states and how long she's been out of the State of Michigan with the child(ren). All Judgments are to state that the domicile or residence of the minor child(ren) cannot be removed from the State of Michigan without the prior approval of the Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.