Asked in Real Estate Law for Arkansas

Q: My mother died with will in Texas, she also has timeshare in Arkansas, how do I get timeshare signed back to company?

I am named the executer of her will and will be going to probate here in Texas where she resided. The timeshare company is willing to take back ownership but I do not know how to get legal papers, or what legal papers that will be needed for me to sign it back over to them. The timeshare is in Garland County Arkansas, and I reside in Freestone County Texas.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hales
Michael Hales

A: Reach out to the timeshare's management company. They will prepare the documents for you to sign as executor. This should be fairly simple.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.