Scottsdale, AZ asked in Child Custody for Arizona

Q: I don’t have any custody from what I was told, of my kids but pay child support. How do I get some sort of custody?

I just want to find out how to be able to make it so I have my girls more then just whenever their mom thinks it okay and would want to get a schedule together.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John R Gaertner Jr
John R Gaertner Jr
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: You must file a Petition to Establish Paternity, Legal Decision Making, and Patenting Time. Paternity will be easy because there is already a child support order that has you as the biological Father of the children. The process is fairly easy and forms are available from the court. If Mother has an attorney, I would advise you to do the same.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.