Mobile, AL asked in Juvenile Law and Family Law for Alabama

Q: If I was in jail and my girlfriend lost our two kids how I get them back

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You need to supply a few more details before I can attempt to answer. I am guessing that the mother of the child had the children picked up by the Alabama Department of Human Resources. After that there would be a 72 hour hearing and then DHR would work to put the children back with the parents or place them with a relative or with a foster home. Let me know something and I'll try to answer. Also, are you on the birth certificate of the children?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.