Asked in Car Accidents for Kentucky

Q: Some one hit my parked car today.i have insurance as do they. I got a police report what do i do next?

The lady who hit my car was being chased by her boyfriend. The police office said they will have to settle there case aginst him befour i can do anything about my car. He said i might have to go thru the boyfriends insurance even tho he didnt hit my car. I dont know where to go from here. That was my family car i have no way to work or to take my children to school. Please help me as to what steps i should take next.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Michael Russell
Adam Michael Russell
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Covington, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: File the claim with your own insurance company. Assuming you have the available coverages, your insurance company can repair your car and provide you with a rental so you can get to work and take your children to school. Provide your insurance company with a copy of the police report and they will pursue the other parties to get back the money they pay out on your claim and also any deductible you may be responsible. This appears to be the quickest way to accomplish your goals.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.