Long Beach, CA asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: How can I file domestic violence and sexual assault on someone when offense was 6yrs ago.

I went through 5yrs of physical abuse....being manipulated and controlled. One of the times I was body slammed in the floor and lost consciousness and was in out of it while being raped. This individual tried killing me while driving because I mentioned leaving the relationship. My family has witnessed the abuse. Individual also has a history of abusive to his now wife. I have his written confession on paper because he wrote me from prison trying to apologize. He is currently serving 8yrs for Felony 2 Possesion of dangerous drugs for sale.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ashelee Weeks
Ashelee Weeks
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: You can contact the police in the jurisdiction where the offenses occurred. File a police report and they will investigate re: any possible charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.