Pinellas Park, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: My ex put a restraining order on me, neither one of us has custody, but she won't let me see my kids. What can I do?

by custody I mean that there is no court ordered custody awarded to either one of us. It says that if one of us wants court ordered custody we can contact the magistrate, but neither one of us has done that yet. Christmas is right around the corner and I need this resolved a.s.a.p. please. The injunction does not include the kids. There is nowhere in the injunction that states that either one of us has custody. Should/ Can I call the cops?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lee N Feinberg
Lee N Feinberg
  • Bonita Springs, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Four starters, you have to determine if the injunction against domestic violence includes your child. If it does not, you need to get back into court to either establish timesharing our try modifying the injunction. You have to look closely at the order of injunction.


Lee N. Feinberg

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.