Tampa, FL asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Florida

Q: Can a 15yr old be forced to come home when there has been no court order or change in custody

My ex sister-in-law refuses to return my children after I was cleared by the sheriff's office of all accusations filed against me. The case is closed yet my children are still in her care. Is this legal? I have full custody of both of my children...Do I have any rights??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lee N Feinberg
Lee N Feinberg
  • Bonita Springs, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: She is still a minor so her parents dictate what should our. However, in extraordinary cases it is possible but not likely. A patent has a constitutional right to raise their children without interference of the G-d almighty government. You need to contact an attorney and expand upon your issue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.