Modesto, CA asked in Civil Litigation and Criminal Law for California

Q: I'm not sure which type of lawyer I would need, for a case that involves being held against my will for 4yrs in Hayward

My family had filed a missing report out of Modesto. The perpetrator had me at his residence, and his father who contributed to the crime living there as well. The home owners insurance temporarily relocated the three of us to an extended stay in Fremont while the house was being fixed. The perpetrator was assaulting and abusing me. He forced me to leave all of my personal belongings at his residence. He was arrested for assaulting me. I was taken to the hospital and reunited back in Modesto with my family. I met the kidnapper through the father of my children, whom had an electrical job at. We were arguing and I was offered a ride by him to Modesto. He took me to his residence instead and manipulated me into staying there. He took the closet doors along with the track and nailed it to the wall. His father lied to my parents and his father was well aware of the physical and mental abuse, and did nothing. I believe he is terrified of his son. There are guns in the house.

1 Lawyer Answer
David Keith Hicks
David Keith Hicks
  • Dunsmuir, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Go to the Hayward Police to report if you haven't fully done so. If you want to sue somebody, Call Rick Simons in Hayward who has won many BIG cases involving child abuse.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.