Rock Hill, SC asked in Child Support and Divorce for South Carolina

Q: My question is can i seek for backchild support if I never have requested it for the past 6 yrs?

My husband and I have been seperated for going in 7 years and he hasnt paid anything toward his sons well being.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Wesley Stoddard
Wesley Stoddard
  • Spartanburg, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: Child support will be set at the Judge's discretion but my experience is that most Judges will not award

you past child support in this instance if there was no previous order awarding it to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.