Indianapolis, IN asked in Criminal Law for Indiana

Q: how can I get a misdemeanor trespassing charge expunged from my record so that I can be considered for employment

have 2 charges for trespassing, one of which involved a former employer, both of which involved me standing up for a cause that I strongly believed in. I have learned never to open my mouth again, more than anything, what kind of society do we live in, it's been two years and no one will consider me for a job. I didn't steal, didn't take or sell drugs, didn't kill anyone, but somehow I am the worst person I know. I have relied on others for food and shelter and have been homeless for about a year, this is just not right. I cannot live this way. I need to get this removed from my record as soon as possible so I can move on.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chase T Wilson
Chase T Wilson
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: Contact a local criminal law attorney. A lot of them do expungements for a reasonable flat fee.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.