Loves Park, IL asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Illinois

Q: My daughter got overvaccinated by 3 shots due to her previous Doctors office not recording correctly that she got them

I have a Florida Certification of Immunization form saying my daughter received shots on a certain date, but when her current Doctor's office requested the notes from the previous office, there was no record of her getting the shots. It was not recorded on her last visit and it actually says she was sick and did not receive them. However I found in my records a week later this form saying she did indeed receive these shots on that date. My daughter did receive those shots on this last visit due to her not "having them" even though my husband and I were sure she did. What do we do? She had extra doses of 3 vaccines that she should have not gotten.

1 Lawyer Answer
Robert D. Kreisman
Robert D. Kreisman
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: The question who pose should be taken up by your daughter's physician: What health consequences did the 3 extra doses of vaccine your daughter receive have on her health? You didn't say, fortunately, that your daughter had any ill-effects or injury of any kind from the overdosage. Nevertheless, I would seek out a physician to be sure there was no harm.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.