Houston, TX asked in Adoption and Child Custody for Texas

Q: How do I get custody if birth mom won't sign over anymore?

I have had my son since birth the birth mom(my God-sister) and I had an agreement she would sign him over. Now she won't sign the paperwork so she can continue to get benefits she has 3 other children and one on the way all. Y different fathers she doesn't want him and when he visits she always whoops him leaving marks. She has not provided anything for him ever. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert W. Leonard Jr.
Robert W. Leonard Jr.
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Contact a local family law attorney who will review all of the facts and explain your options. If the attorney determines that you have standing, you will be able to proceed in court. I wish you the best.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.