Coarsegold, CA asked in Estate Planning and Probate for California

Q: legal advise dads ex wife is atty bulling me to give her everything put her in charge $ takes me to court weekly help

only child my mom dead also dads divorced wife 2 11 months prior to death owed 2 houses 3 cars ALL with large payments 38 credit cards with debt lived in az i live in ca she takes me to court foe everything i have to go to az for weeks at a time she now claim as a crediter and as a successor for per rep and claims she needs all his persoanl property back none of which is in hernname help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie King
Julie King
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Monterey, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If probate is pending in Arizona, you need to hire a probate attorney in Arizona. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations, so you can ask about having the attorney’s fees taken out of your father’s estate. Best wishes.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.