Asked in Child Custody for Virginia

Q: Hi For ignorance I signed my ex the sole custody and then now she removed my surname from my daughter at the oddest cou

Trial ever. Now she doesn’t let me speak to her on Skype FaceTime what’s app .. nothing . Saying that is on her best interest ( she decided that ) I know it’s all out of revenge and hate but is there something I can do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary D. Godman
Gary D. Godman
  • Stafford, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: Unfortunately, it's impossible to give a general online answer to what is clearly a complicated issue that has already been heard in court. You need to take as much paperwork as possible to a local family law attorney to see what, if anything, can be salvaged at this point.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.