Madison, WI asked in Tax Law for Wisconsin

Q: The irs made a huge mistake in 2014 and entered my husbands income double the amount even though we have a correct w-2

From the employer and they see it in there computer they keep giving me the run around they send me here n there to talk to him and her and nothing also being on food stamp assistance they took my refund for this 2014 mistake and food stamps took some for supposedley giving me more then I should have it’s because of the income mistake made in the fisrt place so now $7800 was taken from my family n we are facing eviction and have no vehicle and almost homeless

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Simmons Campbell
Linda Simmons Campbell
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Burlington, CT

A: Call your local taxpayer advocate's office. They should be able to help you cut through the red tape. Here is a link to find the number to find your local office

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.