Charlotte, NC asked in Traffic Tickets for North Carolina

Q: I had recently got a ticket for my tags being revoked, what do I show at my court apperance?

On my citation it says " CANCL/REVOK/SUSP CERTIF/ TAG

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristen Dewar
Kristen Dewar
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Concord, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: If you've had your tags corrected since you got that ticket, bring your updated registration card with you to court and present it to the Assistant District Attorney. If you haven't fixed the tag, I would ask for a continuance at your next court appearance, and let them know that you need time to correct the tag. If you don't plan on fixing the tag (e.g., you're junking the car), bring documentation from your mechanic or junkyard that you've junked the car. This ticket can be dismissed for compliance if you show you've fixed the registration or you no longer own the vehicle and have returned your license plate to DMV.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.