Madison, WI asked in Divorce for Wisconsin

Q: What papers do I file to get a OFP added to my divorce?

I filed an OFP against my husband for my preteen daughter. This was denied by the courts due to lack of evidence. But the judge told me to get it added in the divorce. I need this for myself and my three children as my husband refuses to leave us alone. All three children are from a previous marriage and have no legal ties to my husband.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Kowalski
David Kowalski
  • Baraboo, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: It is possible to obtain a sort of "no contact" order in the divorce, but it is somewhat different than a restraining order. I recommend that you speak with a divorce lawyer to ensure the statements added to your divorce judgment accomplish what you wish.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.