Duluth, MN asked in Criminal Law for Minnesota

Q: Charged with assault on a Peace Officer in the 4th degree & Obstructing Legal Process in MN. I was blacked out.

I had been at a bar by myself and only had two drinks. I left my drink unattended twice. I left the bar and started walking home. About 2 blocks from my house the police saw me and ordered me to get in there squad car. I said no I am almost home. They got out of the car yelling and advanced on me aggressively. That is when I blacked out.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Luke Neuville
Luke Neuville
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: You may have an involuntarily intoxication defense but you should contact a defense attorney right away.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.